Saturday, October 2, 2010

8 weeks till Round Taupo.



Yep that's all.

This year I haven't done as much cycling leading up to the event, but I am only going round once this year & it's all just part of the bigger picture, not the 1 race I was aiming for. In saying that I am feeling quietly confident about the race.

My plan for the Contact Round Taupo Cycle Challenge is to start with the 7 hr group near the back & just TT all the way round ( apart from the hills ). Starting with the 7 hr group should hopefully give me a free road without all the bunches & I'll just get to ride my own race. Knock this off & that will be part 2 of the Cameron Brown award done.

Bike training has been going well with a 122km ride last weekend & a 135km ride just done this weekend. I must admit climbing hills on the TT bike is certainly harder but I'm getting better & think my seatpost height might be just about right now which is helping.

Last month I managed 388km total & hope to build on that now daylight savings has started & can get out after work.

All the other training pretty much went to plan for the last couple of weeks & I have managed 125km of running, 178km windtrainer & 21km of swimming for September.

Now I haven't forgotten about the City to Surf fun run. Last Sunday turned on the best day we've had all spring & the run was great. Awesome atmosphere at the finish line area & I posted a 57:34. The run was definitely not 12km but we all ran the same race & I was happy with where I finished.







All in all a great September & bring on October, with warmer weather & longer hours of daylight. Will also get into the sea for my 1st swim over the weekend of 23-24 October.

No comments:

Post a Comment