Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bit lazy / busy

I've just done 2 races in the last 2 weekends & haven't done a race report on on either. So I'll give you a quick run down on the Tinman Sprint race & if I have enough time I'll carry on to the Taupo Half Ironman.

The Tinman sprint race was purely just for me to get a race under the belt before the half & to do things at race pace !!

The morning dawned awesome & so the rest of the day would be.

I was quite relaxed & heading out for the swim start I was still in good spirits. Had an alright swim through the slower standard distance competitors. Had a slow as T1 as I spoke to a couple of people & struggled with the wetsuit legs.

Out onto the bike I had fun & put in a 34:11 for the bike split. Had good fun here overtaking people in both races. The race wheels certainly helped.

Onto the run & felt strong & ready to run. Made good time round the Mount base track & powered up them hills.

Overall I had a good race & enjoyed just getting out there for a quick fire race then finishing, getting a feed & watching the top guys battle it out for the gun in the Standard distance race.

All things pointed towards a strong race at Taupo.

The other thing I promised ages ago was a shot of the bike & I finally did that. These were taken before buying the Sram 60 wheelset, so I'll take others & maybe get around to posting them.




Outa time so will do Taupo 1/2 another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment