Friday, July 30, 2010

This weekend

Only 48 hrs now till the start of the Mizuno Half Marathon in Taupo.

I really enjoy doing this race & halfway through the year it comes at a good time, giving you the motivation to keep training through the winter months. Now as I've said before this run is not about a PB, it's just about finishing feeling strong & fit. My time I'm looking for is between 1:50 & 1:55.

The weekend should be abit of fun also as we have a group of 12 staying at the Huka Falls Resort & we have other friends who are in Taupo but not staying with us. Might even watch the All Blacks kick the Wallabies on Saturday night.

I'll let you know next week as to how it all went.

No I didn't do the fun ride last weekend. I chose to stay @ home, save some money & time & did my 6 monthly gardening instead. Was worth it.

And lastly , hopefully I will get my new TT bike on the road in a few days time. I've had it sitting at work for a number of months now but haven't had it built but very soon it will hit the road. Can't wait !!

Might see ya in Taupo.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. Will see you there! Not sure how I'll go, but hopefully I won't embarass myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should keep an eye on each other!

    ReplyDelete