Monday, July 5, 2010

26 more days to go

Yep that's right. Only 26 more days till I seriously start my journey to Ironman & the Cameron Brown Award.

Sunday August 1st is the date of the Mizuno Taupo Half Marathon. My plan for this race is to try & run to my Heart Rate ( will probably be a bit higher due to it being a race ) & not worry to much on my time. I know it's not going to be a PB so it doesn't bother me. I just want to finish strong & feel like I could keep on running. My hopeful time for the race will be around 1:50 - 1:55. That's about 10 mins slower than my PB but who cares.

Now to get me there in top form I have been putting in some long runs over the month of June & are really pleased where I am right now. I managed a 2:05 hr run doing 22.70 kms which is the longest ( time & distance ) I have ever done. My total running for the month of June was 140.75 / 12:41 hr.

Now all we hope for is a nice Taupo winters morning.

I have 1 other event which I'll do before the 1/2 Marathon & that's the Okoroire 70km FUN ride. Yes fun ride, it's not a race !!!! Yeah right. I did this ride last year & had great fun. It was the race which kick started my journey to the 320km Enduro. This year it's just something to do during the winter & to get you out training before the Wattyl Cycle challenge. So this month I've managed a total of 245.5 kms / 9;45 hr of cycling & 100km on the windtrainer.

My swimming just keeps ticking along doing 20 kms this month.

Once again it's more than last year, with the running especially being heaps more & I'm even enjoying the running. So down to Taupo we'll go in a few weeks with a group of us staying at the Huka Falls Resort. Should be fun.

Triathlon Tauranga have been running a Duathlon series over the winter & we had another great race on Sunday. Now I haven't been doing them just organising them with another guy who's training for the Sprint distance Worlds in Budapest. We have had great fun & some great feedback from the people competing, so if you read this & can get down to Tauranga, we have 1 more race left on August 22nd. Otherwise you'll have to wait till next year & we hope to do them again.

So onwards with the month of July. I have 2 weekends away with the family over the school holidays which isn't the best for training but luckily things taper off towards the 1/2 Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment