Saturday, February 19, 2011

14 Days

Just thought I would write some more.

Have had another great week of training & the size of the sessions are starting to decrease & you can really work on the quality. This week I had a great 1.5hr bike with an hour run off the bike on Wednesday & felt really good. Yes the calf's were a bit sore from the weekend but nothing to serious.

I also did a 4.4km swim on Thursday night which was great. Furtherest I have ever swam in the pool.

Today's Saturday brick had a 3hr bike & 1 hr run which also went really well & with 14 days now to go till IMNZ I real do think I am ready & just waiting now for the last few sessions to be done & getting onto the race course. Off to the Blue Lake for a 4km OW swim on Sunday, you gotta love the lake swimming.

The weather over the last few weeks has been amazing & I guess we can only hope for more of the same between now & race day. I know it doesn't matter for me doing the race but will make the day so much more enjoyable for you the spectator & with the new course changes & road closures I'm sure it's going to be great.

Will try keep you posted between now & race day.

1 comment:

  1. Nic work mate. Good luck for the run in - we'll be down there to support on the day.

    ReplyDelete