Sunday, September 27, 2009

Off to Vegas

No unfortunately I didn't get to go with the boss to Interbike, Las Vegas.

I had to settle with riding to Rotovegas.

I rode over the Kaimai's for the first time which took me 1hr 25 to cover the 29km from home & climb 490m to the summit. Once again the weather didn't know what it was doing & I had rain & sun on the way up. Then the descent it was raining. On to the flat rolling country roads it stopped.

Now the left turn onto State Highway 5 was like the unknown. I travelled this road from Auckland to Rotorua all the time but haven't for atleast the last 8 years, so had forgotten what it was like. It was basically up!!! The first 22km saw me climb 450m with nothing more than a 5% gradient. At the summit it once again threw it down, & with nowhere to hide I just kept riding to Rotorua.

The sun was shining on the airport side of the lake when I got to Rotorua, but by the time I had made my way round it was raining.

The road back to Tauranga from here is predominently downhill as we head back to sea level. Had a great ride along here & heading up towards the Mount I eventually had to head for shelter as the roads began to flood.

Only a short time later was back on the bike & heading over the Harbour bridge for home.

DROWNED !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment