Monday, September 7, 2009

Another good week

This has been another successful week of training.

I once again managed a couple of short runs, totalling 9.55kms ( whahoo )& got in the pool for a total of 5.7kms. Both of these two discipline are taking alittle of the backseat at the moment but still just trying to be consistent.

Now the cycling on the other hand has been coming along great. On Saturday's ride I managed my longest time in the saddle of 6hrs. I have ridden 5hr 43mins before on the way to Taupo 2007. I also managed two good rides on Wednesday. So in total I rode 265.5kms with a total time of 10hr 13mins. Saturdays ride was quite a challenge as I was doing a hilly ride which involved not only the hills but a very strong headwind. It also was quite cold & even by 1pm I don't really think I was much warmer. Yes the sun was out but not warm.

This week is an easy week which is good timing as I head off to Taupo for my works sponsored MTB race. The boss may not be going to join us again this year so I 'll get to run around like a lost sheep. She'll be right !!

Hopefully the plan is for me to ride my easy 75km ride from Taupo then get picked up on the way. Just an easy few kms down Broadlands Rd.

Wednesday's rides will hopefully be a little longer this week as the daylight hours get longer. The rest of the week will fairly easy & hopefully the weather gods will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment