Sunday, September 20, 2009

Whakatane here I come

Thought I had better sit down & let you all know what's been happening.

Last weeks mid-week training went really well. I got another couple of rides in on Wednesday totalling 93.50kms, did a 7km run & 2.8km swim. Then on Friday I loaded the companies trailer with tents & bikes etc & headed on down to Taupo. We had staff & riders staying in a couple of houses down there & the one we stayed in was huge sleeping 13 in total & space for more. Saturday dawned grey & overcast for the race but it was quite nice, not hot & no dust.

Once again my time was taken up making sure everyone was happy, doing all 3 prizegivings & generally making sure as the sponsors we all had a great day. For the record our Elite team won, the open & 90's revival team's were both 3rd. Phil a husband of 1 of the ladies at work won the 12hr solo & a Jude from Porirua cycles ( Big Jamis supporters ) won the womens 12hr solo. All in all a great day & couldn't wait to hit the sack around midnight.

Now the plan was to ride part way home but with the boss not coming down & me having to tow the trailer I didn't do a 75km ride.

Instead I did do 45km after work on Monday.

So the next week has rolled around & once again I mangaed 92km between my 2 rides on Wednesday, then knocked off 205kms on Saturday. Had a great ride from home to Whakatane & back. Beautiful morning at 6.30am with a slight westerly blowing , once I turned for home light showers started & a soueasterly ( Tailwind ), then by the time I hit Te Puke it was raining quite hard. Was glad to get off the saddle after 6hr 45mins. Feel like I could have kept riding, but this was only a flat ride. See what I fell like next week after 180km with hills.

The plan is over the Kaimai's, then down through Rotorua & back home via Te Puke.

You all have a great week.

I will !!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! You must be feeling pretty good about Taupo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one impressive ride! Must be good to kno you can hold that sort of speed in those coditions for that long riding solo, particularly with an Ironman a little over as year away =)

    ReplyDelete