Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another week goes by, QUICKLY

This week has flown by & we get another week closer to half way through the year. I'm sure as a kid the weeks & months never went by so quick. It used to take forever for school holidays to roll around, & school work just dragged on. Now you just need a couple of busy days at work & there seems to be no time left in the week & everything gets behind.

I finished off last weekend with a good 70km ride on Sunday morning, so that ended a great weekends training. I then took Kathy's swim squad on Sunday arvo.

This week saw the freezing cold weather be replaced by humid warm rain. As a result of the heavy rain I didn't get my long run in on Tuesday morning so replaced that with a short ride on the trainer whilst watching 20/20 World Cup Cricket.

The rest of the week went pretty much to plan & have done a couple of Gym sessions, just over 2 hours on the windtrainer & an interval run on the treadmill. Being the first interval run I had done since the 10km race I stuggled a bit with the 16km/hr intervals but I'm sure I'll get back into it next week.

The weekend has now rolled around again & the kids & I have joined the wife & travelled north to Auckland. She will head off to do her Uni studies whilst we hopefully do enjoyable stuff & catch up with some old mates.

Will get out for a couple of runs hopefullly. Had hoped to bring the bike but the weather was shocking when we left home that I didn't want to stick the bike on the back of the car & get it covered in grime & road crap, so I left it tucked up in the garage @ home.

No comments:

Post a Comment