Saturday, June 27, 2009

Should I stay or should I go.

Our good weather forecasters told us that the morning would be clear then start raining again Saturday afternoon. Well it was grey & misty when I was thinking of going but thought maybe I should wait & see, stay inside & watch some more back to back Jackson hits on C4.

Finally around 8am I thought it looked promising so headed out & expected it to clear up. Well that never happened & the misty rain closed in & for the 2nd hour of my ride it was wet & getting worse. On the upside, it wasn't cold so that made things just a little more enjoyable. Had a great but cautious ride around the Tauranga area. Great fun getting on the new asphalt on the Expressway & watching the speed. Have been stuggling over the last few months with the weather & other commitments to get any really big bike k's but hopefully over the next few weeks I can at least be consistent & get a 2+ hour ride in most weekends.

Finally getting home dripping wet I changed & headed down to the pool for a quick 2km splash & dash. Spent the rest of the arvo inside with 2 boys who kept telling me they were bored & a wife trying to tell me all about her Uni exam, that she barely understands let alone try to explain it all to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm interested it's just quite complex.

The rest of the week has gone pretty much to plan. I did miss my interval run on Thursday to attend the kids school parent / teacher interviews. Once again they tell us they have no concerns for either child which is awesome. Now hopefully this continues for thier entire schooling. Liam appears to have picked up some his Dads traits, but so long as it's only the good one's.

This next month is just around the corner & all things going right I have a couple of events I'm hoping to enter. The first one is the Gold Town Duathlon Waihi ( being held @ the mine ) 19th July. This event is being held for the 1st time so if you can get along & support it, do so. The 2nd event is the Okoroire 70km bike ride. This event is always popular & attracts good numbers, even if it does rain most years.

Now the last couple of days have had me thinking. Love him or hate him I'm sure we'll all miss Micheal Jackson's music. Which made me think. We've had Elvis, now Wacko, who's going to be the next King. Is there currently any solo musician who might have it in them.






I think NO !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment