Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Absolute Madness

That's about the only way to describe what happened this morning when entries opened for the 21st Port of Tauranga Half Ironman.

If you managed to be one of the lucky few who wanted to do the event & got your entry, well done . What this does mean for me is I'm now the swimmer for a team, so I will be a small part of this event.

I find it staggering that every year people moan & bitch about drafting, to many people, blah, blah, blah but for the last few years the race sells out within 1/2 a day. Is it the venue, the Long Distance champs, it's flat & fast, or is it the only 1/2 IM race in NZ you get to compete against the worlds best whether in a team or individual. Maybe it's just Tauranga & you guys all wish you could live here.

Whatever, congratulations to Sport BOP & the Patter Group for making this event.

As for me you'll see me at Hooksie's 1/2 grinding up them HILLS.

On that note I had better go & get the windtrainer out for my session in the morning. Might TT against the TDF teams. Go the Kiwis. Let's have a Kiwi win a stage of the Tour.

1 comment:

  1. That's insane. I'd love to race Tauranga one day, but can't see it happening for the next couple of seasons (I'm hoping to do Wanaka in 2011...) By the time I get there, there'll probably be qulifying times or something!

    ReplyDelete