Saturday, July 25, 2009

Race tomorrow

Sunday morning 10am I am competing in the Okoroire 70km fun ride ( race ). Hopefully the rubbish weather from this week has passed & as per the forecasters it is going to be fine with light winds.

Mid week I heard over 400 people had entered & more are likely with good conditions. This race for me is purely just something to do mid-winter & blow out the cobwebs. It also signals the start of some serious bike training for Round Taupo Cycle Challenge . I have now decided that 160km will do this year.

The 2 North Island reps from work are also doing it so that will be good motivation for training & race day.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll catch up with Phil & Kate at the race. Always good to see other bloggers at events.

It's time now to go do some family things with the kids & put the race tyres on the bike. Will be back tomorrow arvo with a small report on how the race went.

No comments:

Post a Comment