Sunday, July 26, 2009

That was FUN.

This morning dawned fine & frosty. What better weather for riding. Luckily by 10am it had warmed up a little & it was action time. I was nowhere near the front at the start so in the 1st few km i just went all guns blazing to get up nearer the front. I think it worked.

Now my biggest problem with bunch riding is when the front doesn't work & people don't roll through. As a result the speed drops & I always think we should be going faster so head off up to the front. Another reason for being at the front is so you don't collect traffic cones that almost throw you off your bike. Yes I was near the back on 1 corner & almost bit the turf. Everyone near me did commend me for staying upright.

Anyway the race went well after that & got home safely with a respectable time of 2:07:33 for 70km.

I am now going to have a rest week which will only have a couple of swims. No running or windtrainer. Back on the bike next Saturday. Think I need to work on hills.

4 comments:

  1. NICE work! That's bloddy impressive dude! Sorry for being so flaky at the end. I was screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also- I just have to say that my word verification for the last post as "HYMEN" WTF????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun bunch bike riding! What a awesome time for the bike race. You did really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like the bike race and also take part in many local bike race. There is lot of fun and it also help me to enhance my skills.

    ReplyDelete