Sunday, July 5, 2009

Another good week

Not much happened this week.

The week rolled by with the normal gym sessions after work, windtrainer sessions before work, swimming, running & a long Saturday bike ride. The long bike has been going well over the last few weeks & am now looking to increase the distance ( probably up to 90km ) then get into them hills & get some good strength.

I know there is still 24 weeks till the Rotorua 1/2, but that's not many long bike rides left, when you might not be able to get out every weekend. Also in the back of my mind is the long goal of IMWA so the more of a base I can get now hopefully next winter will be easier.

This week I had a day off work as one of the boys was sick. As I sat there during the day I thought about how cool it would be not to work. Drop kids off at school then go out & train when your ready. Only deadline is to pick them up on time. I know it's great to work, to interact with other people but it would be good especially in the summer.

Right time to stop dreaming because Kathy would want to be the one who doesn't work.

Today was going to be some running hill reps but I just felt lazy. The weather certainly didn't help. Instead I went online & checked out dates for some of the summers events. Ocean swim series, Contact Tri series, Across Lake Taupo swim & some bike races. Want to do some long swim & bike races this summer to help the training & as many Tri's as one can afford.

Once again the forecast for this week looks dodgy so here's hoping next weekend is fine & we can all get out & smell the fresh air.

I think the next few weeks are going to be busy with the Tour de France on. Thank goodness for My Sky & a windtrainer.

Train safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment