Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rest week

This last week I have been resting. All my week consisted of was 2 gym sessions & a swim Thursday morning. All this rest is meant to get me on the right path mentally & physically for the next 17 weeks as I build for Taupo & 20 weeks till Vegas 1/2. On the Taupo race I have now been asked by a mate if I still want to do 320km's. I'm leaving it up to him to decide. If yes then 320km it is!!

So in anticipation of the go ahead I've been on Google maps measuring rides all over the greater BOP. Rides through places like Rotorua, Kawerau, Tokoroa.

This morning I had a good 80km ride then a 5km run off the bike. First time this winter I have been rained on whilst riding so have done fairly well. Next weeks long ride will be done up in Auckland as the family goes north with Kathy.

Just to show it's not all triathlon in this household this afternoon I've watched a couple of NPC rugby games & it 's been great to see the big unions getting beaten. The best result had to be the team from my old stomping ground getting up to beat Canterbury. Go the mighty Harbour.



Yes it's a long season but you take the wins when you get them !!!!!

Anyhow might go watch the Warrios now, then get up & watch the AB's whilst other bloggers are preparing for a Half Mary in Taupo.

No comments:

Post a Comment