Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back on the horse

Well not quite a horse but after 4.5 hours on that saddle it felt good to get off.

Yes I seem to have got over the ankle injury ( just a ligament strain ) & got back on the bike Saturday morning. The plan was for 110km. I did the Welcome Bay loop with 3 hill climbs up Reid, Rocky Cutting & Waitao Rds.

Now I haven't ridden this distance since Lake Taupo Challenge 2007 so by the end I was begining to struggle, especially into the headwind. It felt good just to have done the distance though even if it wasn't fast. We have to remember that 320km round the Lake aint going to be fast, just Loooong. So the plan from here on is to increase the long ride by 35km for 2 weeks then halve it for a rest week. So next the next 2 weeks will be 145km then rest week of 70km, following 2 weeks 180km, rest 90km. This will get us through to 2 weeks of 250km rides then a couple of weeks of taper rides. Sounds mildly mad.

I did manage a short 10min run off the bike just to see if it was possible & I felt no pain so hopefully I'm all good.

This week will hopefully see me getting out before & after work on Wednesday's for more biking. The plan is 1.5hrs before & 2hrs after.

Now it's only 3 more weeks till the Jamis Day Night Thriller in Taupo, so all of you that are thinking of entering do so & we'll see you down there for a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment