Sunday, August 9, 2009

An observation

Now as you know I went to Auckland this weekend.

I had a great 90km ride, but I'm not going to bore you with any details. What I am going to say though is after riding on Saturday & being out early Sunday morning taking Kathy to Uni, is how little amount of cyclists in Auckland wear bright fluro jackets. Is it still not cool to be seen wearing clothes like that. Do the jackets mean your just a commuter or recreational cyclist.

Do the jackets clash with upmarket brands of bikes or do you have to be seen in your bunch with a bike shop's kit on. I thought getting home in 1 piece would be of more importance.

I know for sure that more & more people in Tauranga wear them & that's probably to do with the Safe cycling promotions we always have.

Anyway I've had a good weekend & have caught with my cousin & an old school/work mate so now it's home & more training.

Got the Tough Guy race on Saturday so that's going to fun??

2 comments:

  1. Haha- this is really funny because to us, EVERYONE in bloody Auckland wears fluoro jackets!!!! They're also way better lit in the dark.

    Obviously Wellington is the worst place for posers and hi-vis gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Auckland if full of people wearing hi vis when compared to Wellington. Almost no-one does down there. Must be the glorious, bright sunshine renders visibility gear redundant.

    ReplyDelete